Local presenter agrees to the following:
STAGE REQUIREMENTS - Stage should be swept and mopped prior to sound check. Please confirm whether the Quartet requires a piano for the concert. A minimum of 12 bottles of uncarbonated water to be available prior to sound check. Temperature at hall should be in a range of 68-75°F at time of artists' arrival.
LIGHTING REQUIREMENTS - Adequate lighting required from the front to light the Quartet in playing position. Quartet requests a variety of colors and will consult lighting director upon arrival.
DRESSING ROOMS - A minimum of two private dressing rooms with sufficient space. Cellist requires private bathroom/change room and a mirror for make-up. Dressing rooms should be clean, lighted, heated, lockable and ready for performers upon arrival. At least one straight-back chair should be placed in the cellists' dressing room.
SCHEDULE – The venue should be made available for sound check four hours prior to concert time. Hospitality should be made available in either one of the dressing rooms or the green room one and a half hours prior to concert. Q.G requests that the venue be quiet during sound check.
The presenter and Q.G will mutually agree upon catering requirements, however, this generally includes:
- Tea with lemon slices and coffee service.
- At least four quarts or eight 18oz bottles of uncarbonated water.
- Fresh fruit (please include bananas)
- Fresh vegetable tray with dip.
a) A hot dinner of roast chicken, turkey, or grilled salmon with vegetables and rice or potatoes.
b) At least one of tuna and/or egg salad, plus cold cuts (choice of roast beef, turkey, pastrami, prosciutto – at least two pounds of meat), cheddar or gouda cheese, one loaf of whole wheat or rye bread, sandwich spreads (mayonnaise, mustard, etc.) for four to six people.
RECORDINGS FOR SALE
Q.G will provide their recordings for sale prior to, during intermission and after the concert. A table, chair, and at least one volunteer should be made available to assist in sales. The Presenter should provide a float of $50 in small bills; float will be returned to Presenter at the end of the night. The group will sign autographs at the end of the concert. A table, four chairs and four Sharpies should be provided.
Q.G requests that ten house seats (best available) be reserved for the Quartet's use until one hour prior to performance. Please as Alexander Sevastian from the Quartet about using the comps).
Q.G requests that there be no smoking backstage prior to or during the performance. If the Ensemble is being transferred between airport/hotel/venue, they require two full-size cars or one seven-passenger van to accommodate their luggage and instruments. If venue or hotel is hard to find on GPS or map, Q.G requests an escort car/driver to drive them to hotel or venue.
Q.G requires four non-smoking single rooms with a king bed preference.
Equipment to be supplied by venue or presenter:
- Four regular microphones stands w/o booms and two guitar stands.
- High quality PA system: Mizer, Power Amp (200 watt), Graphic Equalizer, Digital Reverb (Lexicon, Yahama SPX, or Rev 5 or 7) and two full frequency range speakers. This system must be equipped with “phantom” power.
- Two high quality announcing microphones.
- One vocal mic.
- One additional “extra low impendance” cable for the omni-directional “phantom” powered microphone which Quartetto Gelato will provide.
- Cello Riser: four feet x four feet, six inches high. Decorative rug for cello riser, if possible. If unavailable please contact Alex Sevastian, QG, 416-738-6390 to discuss.
Click here to download the Quartetto Gelato Rider.